Terms & Conditions
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Fern Bishop & Dawn Grey, owners of The Big Sleep Company
To contact us, please email us at email@example.com or via the Contact Us page on our website www.thebigsleepco.co.uk.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By using our website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our website. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
To ensure the highest of standards both in user experience and the information provided by The Big Sleep Company, our website will be regularly updated.
Our website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
You must not disclose your membership log in or provide access to a purchased course to anyone but yourselves of which it is intended. You must treat this information as confidential.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user log in or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact us page on our website
To the extent legally permitted, none of The Big Sleep Company, any of its employees, agents and advisers, or any other party, accepts any responsibility or liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage that may result from any errors or omissions on the Site, reliance on information contained in the Site or in any product provided through the Site, or access to, or use of, or inability to use, the Site.
Whilst care has been taken to prevent the introduction of viruses onto the Site, The Big Sleep Company does not guarantee that the Site, or any product purchased from the Site, is free from viruses. You are responsible for protecting your own computer or mobile device from being affected by viruses whilst using the Site. The Big Sleep Company is not responsible if you are not able to access or use the Site due to any virus or for any loss or damage you any suffer as a result of a virus affecting your computer or mobile device. You also agree to take reasonable precautions to prevent the introduction or spread of any software contamination, including viruses, in the Site when accessing, providing or downloading information via the Site.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not:
Print copies of your purchased programme with the intention of distributing.
Amend, modify or edit the paper or digital copies of any material purchased, gifted or provided as a free resource via The Big Sleep Company.
Use our photographs, videos or audio for any reason other than that in which they are purposed: for personal use only.
Use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes.
Our Status (and that of our team of experts or guest experts) as the authors of all content on our website must always be acknowledged and we should be recognised as such whenever referencing our work, products or services.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our website in breach of these Terms, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Do not use any guidance or information provided by The Big Sleep Company in replacement or instead of medical advice. We are not medical professionals and you must seek appropriate support if you are concerned for your children’s health or wellbeing.
The Big Sleep Company is founded on years of extensive training and experience, within our programmes we provide all the tools and techniques needed to help best support your child’s sleep, however we do not provide any guarantees or specific outcomes via our programmes or private consulting.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Links to some third party websites have been included on the site. The Big Sleep Company has not been involved in the design of those third party websites and has no control over the content or privacy policies of such third party websites. The content of third party websites can change at any time without notice to The Big Sleep Company. The inclusion of links on the Site does not imply that we have verified or endorsed the content of such linked third party websites.
Any content you upload to our Facebook community will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you grant to us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Facebook Group or Page if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact us via email at email@example.com
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our website, make contact with other users on our website, link to our website, or interact with our website in any other way.
You may use our website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our website;
• any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our website; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our website or facebook community (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
• be accurate (where it states facts);
• be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
• comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
• be defamatory of any person;
• be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• promote sexually explicit material;
• promote violence;
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
• be likely to deceive any person;
• breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• promote any illegal activity;
• be in contempt of court;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us or our company, if this is not the case;
• advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
• contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
• contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites.
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Website Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website;
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our website;
• issue of a warning to you;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
• further legal action against you;
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.